Buying a best raid controller cards seems like an easy job, but not everytime. There seem to be thousands of best raid controller cards available on the market from various producers, which is enough to mislead you. They are so similar in terms of performance, quality, longevity, and overall user experience that choosing a final buying decision may be tough. Only a solid buying guide can help you out from that muzzy situation at that moment and find the best best raid controller cards that you are waiting for.
In the next part, we will try to talk about some most considerable issues before making a purchase. You can think of it as a proper review guideline for you, as it will cover the pros and cons of your desired product, such as its energy efficiency, cost and availability, functions, and practical benefits. There will also be a solid comparison of a few related products. As a result, you’ll be able to quickly select the best option for your requirements. Let’s have a look at it from the inside.
At a Glance
|Vantec 4-Channel 6-Port SATA 6Gb/s PCIe RAID Host Card with HyperDuo Technology UGT-ST644R||Buy Now|
|10Gtek Internal PCI Express SAS/SATA HBA RAID Controller Card, SAS2008 Chip, X8, 6Gb/s, Same as SAS 9211-8I||Buy Now|
|Highpoint SSD7202 – PCIe 3.0 x8 2-Port M.2 NVMe RAID AIC RAID Controller Card||Buy Now|
|StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card with HyperDuo SSD Tiering – PCIe SATA 3 Controller Adapter (PEXSAT34RH)||Buy Now|
|GODSHARK 4 Ports PCI SATA Raid Controller Internal Expansion Card with 2 Sata Cables, PCI to SATA Adapter Converter for Desktop PC Support HDD SSD||Buy Now|
|LSI Logic Megaraid Eight-Port 6Gb/s PCI Express 3.0 SATA+SAS RAID Controller LSI00330||Buy Now|
|I/O Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x2 HyperDuo RAID Card Marvell 9230 Chipset SI-PEX40057||Buy Now|
|HighPoint Technologies RocketRAID 3720C 8-Port 12Gb/s PCIe 3.0 x8 SAS/SATA RAID Controller (RR3720C)||Buy Now|
|Smart Array Card RAID Controller, IBM M5015 Megaraid 9260 to 8i SATA / SAS Controller RAID 6G PCIe x8 for LSI 46M0851||Buy Now|
|FebSmart PCIE to 6-Ports 6Gbps Max Speed SATA III Expansion Card for Desktop PCs, Plug and Play on Windows OS MAC OS Linux System, ASMedia ASM1166 None-Raid PCIE SATA III Host Controller (FS-S6-Pro)||Buy Now|
Top 10 best raid controller cards Reviews
In this section, we attempted to identify the top ten best raid controller cards from thousands of products. This list will make you feel assured that you will be able to acquire your desired best raid controller cards in a matter of minutes. We focused on their use, performance, durability, appearance, price, and historical user experiences. We are confident that this top 10 best raid controller cards list will assist you in selecting the perfect one that matches your needs.
- 4 Channel for 4 storage devices like SSD or HDD. This Card will let You Grow as Your Needs Grow to Add more Devices to your System.
- Configurable Port as Internal SATA or External eSATA Port, SATA III 6Gb/s on Every Channel for all your SSD and HDD.
- 1 Port Multiplier Function For Multi-Bay Enclosures (4 drives), Support both FIS and Command-based Switching.
- RAID 0, 1, 10 and HyperDuo Function for Redundancy to Keep your Data Safe and Faster Disk Access, Low Profile Bracket Included.
- Support Windows XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10; For RAID use, must do a new clean install of the OS to boot.
- RAID configuration is on the drive(s); install only on true PCIe x4 slot or x8 or x16 Slot only, Download Latest drivers from vantecusa website.
- Note: Cannot Boot If you just move your drive to this controller, write to vantecusa technical support for more info.
10Gtek Internal PCI Express SAS/SATA HBA RAID Controller Card, SAS2008 Chip, X8, 6Gb/s, Same as SAS 9211-8I
- Controller: LSI SAS 2008 6Gbps SAS/SATA HBA RAID Controller Card
- PCIE 2.0 (6.0 Gb/s), X8 Lane; 2x Mini SAS SFF-8087 Ports
- Up to 6 G SATA and SAS link rates, SAS 2.0 complian; Support 256 SAS and SATA device;
- Driver CD is included natively, you also can download it from 10Gtek website
- What You Get: 10Gtek LSI-2008-8I HBA Card x1, Driver CD x1, Low-profile Bracket x1. Backed by 10Gtek 30 Days Free-returned, 1 Year Free Warranty and Lifetime Technology Support.
- New, Low-Profile Bootable NVMe Solution for Linux & Windows
- Ideal for compact, low-profile 1 &2U servers, or workstations
- Flexible solution: compatible with PCIe x8 and x16 slots
- Up to 2 off-the-shelf M. 2 MLC, TLC & QLC NVMe SSD’s
- RAID 0, 1, single disk
StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card with HyperDuo SSD Tiering – PCIe SATA 3 Controller Adapter (PEXSAT34RH)
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Add four SATA III 6Gbps ports to your desktop computer or server using a PCIe x1 slot to connect SATA drives (HDD/SSD); 4-Port SATA PCIe card features 4x SATA connections for connecting drives using SATA cables (sold separately)
- MARVELL RAID CONTROLLER: JBOD or Hardware RAID 0, 1, and 1+0 modes can be configured through BIOS – HyperDuo feature allocates frequently accessed files to faster SSD drive – Supports Port Multiplier, Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and ATA/ATAPI commands
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports PCIe 2.0, SATA III & AHCI specs and backwards compatible w/ earlier versions – Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux and is also compatible with Optical/Blu-Ray drives – NOTE: HyperDuo configuration supported in Windows only
- EASY INSTALL: Expansion card includes full and low-profile brackets for PCIe slot compatibility – Marvell Storage Utility software included for card configuration and drive management
- THE IT PRO’S CHOICE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; This SATA PCIe adapter controller card converter is backed for 2 years, including free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual assistance
GODSHARK 4 Ports PCI SATA Raid Controller Internal Expansion Card with 2 Sata Cables, PCI to SATA Adapter Converter for Desktop PC Support HDD SSD
- Add four independent SATA-I ports to your PCI equipped computer and enjoy the benefits of the optional software RAID configuration for added speed and/or data security with this adapter card.（Note it is PCI card,NOT PCIE card ).
- Plug the SATA RAID PCI card into the PCI slot on your motherboard, and connect SATA devices to the ports on the PCI card using the cables provided, or standard SATA cables of adequate length.
- The card comes with an optional RAID utility which lets you configure a RAID 0 RAID 1 or RAID 0+1 setup on two or more of the SATA ports.
- You can have one RAID 0 or 1 setup and two independent SATA drives two RAID 0 or 1 sets or a single RAID 0+1 set.
- SIL3114 chipset and supports two modes: 32-bit at66MHZ and 64-bit at 133MHZ.
- Eight-port 6Gb/s PCI Express 3.0 SATA+SAS RAID controller
- Second-generation 6Gb/s SATA+SAS controller, built on the LSISAS2208 dual-core ROC
- Proven interoperability with the latest server platforms based on the PCI Express 3.0 specification
- 4 Internal SATA 6Gb/s Ports
- Compatible with SATA 6G, 3G and 1.5G Hard Drives
- PCI-Express x1 Interface is Compatible with PCI-Express x2, x4, x8, and x16 slots
- RAID mode Supported: RAID 0/1/1+0
- HyperDuo is configured with at least 1 hard disk drive (HDD) and up to 3 solid state drives (SSD). By embedding automated tiering technology into the chipset
- 4 Internal SATA 6Gb/s Ports
- Compatible with SATA 6G, 3G and 1.5G Hard Drives
- PCI-Express x2 Interface is Compatible with PCI-Express x2, x4, x8, and x16 slots
- RAID mode Supported: RAID 0/1/1+0
- HyperDuo is configured with at least 1 hard disk drive (HDD) and up to 3 solid state drives (SSD). By embedding automated tiring technology into the chipset.
- Does not support Hardware RAID using Port Multiplier
- Support 3TB and 4TB GPT Hard drives
- Chipset: Marvell 88SE9230
HighPoint Technologies RocketRAID 3720C 8-Port 12Gb/s PCIe 3.0 x8 SAS/SATA RAID Controller (RR3720C)
- PCIe 3.0 x8 host Interface
- 8x 12Gb/s SAS/SATA ports
- Flexible SAS + SATA Storage configurations
- Windows, macOS & Linux
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 1/0, 5/0, JBOD & Single Disk
Smart Array Card RAID Controller, IBM M5015 Megaraid 9260 to 8i SATA / SAS Controller RAID 6G PCIe x8 for LSI 46M0851
- Excellent reading and writing performance: maximum read rate: 2,875MB/s, maximum write rate: 1,850MB/s.Note: The product does not support MiniPcie slots.
- PCI E 2.0 X8 can provide faster signal transmission for high bandwidth applications.
- Supporting 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s SATA and SAS hard disk drives to maximize the flexibility of connection within the framework.
- Low cross section MD2 package is ideal for 1U and 2U environments with limited space.
- Fast and stable connection, and easy to use.
FebSmart PCIE to 6-Ports 6Gbps Max Speed SATA III Expansion Card for Desktop PCs, Plug and Play on Windows OS MAC OS Linux System, ASMedia ASM1166 None-Raid PCIE SATA III Host Controller (FS-S6-Pro)
- 1. The FS-S6-Pro is a PCI express 3.0 X4 interface to 6-Ports 6 Gbps max speed SATA III expansion card. It allows users add 6X NONE-RAID SATA III storage or AHCI BOOT UP HDDs/SSDs on desktop PCs, Working Stations, MAC Pros and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- 2. Select the ASMedia ASM1166 the most stable NONE-RAID PCIE 3.0 SATA III host controller. PCIE 3.0 X4 interface, provide 16Gbps total bandwidth. Each SATA 3.0 port will get 6Gbps max speed for AHCI BOOT UP or storage for HDDs/SSDs.
- 3. Plug and Play on Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, XP (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003R2, 2003 (32/64). MAC OS 10.4.x, 10.5.x, 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.X, 10.9.x, 10.10.x, 10.11.x, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, 10.15.x and most of Linux kernel systems.
- 4.Compatible with Serial ATA(SATA) Revision 3.1 specifications, auto switch to SATA 3.0 6Gbps max speed. Backward compatible with SATA 1.0 1.5Gbps speed and SATA 2.0 3Gbps speed. Support PCIE 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 protocol and works on motherbaord PCIE X4, X8, X16 slot.
- 5.Warning: 1. This SATA card was set on AHCI Boot mode, make sure now PCs in AHCI BOOT UP mode or it will report Blue Screen Death (BSD). 2. Make sure PCs power supply unit (PSU) can provide 6X max SATA interface power connector. 3. Users must make sure Motherboards have at least one PCIE X16 slot before purchase. 4. Slim PCs need user change to low profile bracket.
Buying Guides for Best Raid Controller Cardss
It is impossible for a human being to know everything. Being the jack of all trade is not a matter of joke. In that case, reading a comprehensive buying guide can prevent us from making a costly mistake after purchasing a best raid controller cards due to a lack of knowledge.
You don’t have to be an expert on that specific product to buy it. Just focus on a few key points that will be discussed further down. Keeping these simple things in mind may make your shopping experience more pleasant and straightforward. Let’s move to the main portion.
Realize your requirements
The first thing you need to discover that what your needs or requirement. If you are not aware of your needs well, then there is a good possibility of buying the wrong products at a wrong time with a good amount of investment. So, first and foremost, we recommend that you carefully consider your requirements for a best raid controller cards. Simply make a short list of your requirements. This simple activity will assist you in simplifying your purchasing experience. Because, after that you will get to know on what thing you need to give priority and on what you should not.
Budget vs. Cost
Budget is that one thing which you must think about before go for buying anything. The product can be asked any amount of price that you are trying to purchase. Different expences like manufacturing, raw material purchasing, logistics and other operational costs and most importantly compny’s brand value as well are the key factors of pricing. You should be mentally prepared enough to spent that higher amount of bucks if you need a higher quality product. Budget is so important for this cause. And it is true as a universal truth for the best raid controller cards too.
You may heard this popular sayings, “Cut your coat, according to your cloth”. So, find your desired products as per your wishlist first. Check the features and costs carefully.Compare them well and choose the best one. The biggest question may come to your mind at this point which is your pocket is ready to spent such amount of money to buy this best raid controller cards or not. If yes, then go for it. You may think about the second best option if your answer is no.
Make the Best Brand Selection
Some of the time it happens we are being loved to use some specific products of specific brands which is totally from psychologiocal attachment. This practice yields positive results at times and negative results at other times. Besides all we agree that we have to rely on renoened brands. Because, it makes you taking decision half way easier if you have enough bucks in your pocket. But we will suggest to not depend on a single brand blindly if you don’t know whether they make that particular thing best in the town or not. As a result, you must exercise extreme caution when determining whether or not you are selecting the appropriate brand for your specific product.
There are two categories of people in the world. One is fully dependent on a specific brand, while the other is unconcerned. All he requires is the proper product for the price he is paying. May be we are not aware of the category that you belong to.However, there are a few pointers that may be useful to both of you when it comes to selecting the correct brand for the right product.
- Be sure, you know well about the Brand.
- See the publics opinion about this brand.
- What is the average review of the specific product of that brand?
- Make comparison of the features with others.
- Do those features meet your demands?
Once check the Features section.
You should check the features of a best raid controller cards first while purchasing it, no matter it is from online or offline. By doing so, you will surely get a clear idea about the product. You will be able to understand, that product will match with your requirements or not.
The features section also aids us in swiftly identifying differences with others. Then you can compare with similar products through the features. One will have a better understanding of quality as a result of this work, making it easier to move forward with our final decision.
Check the Benefits and Drawbacks
Each product has benefits and drawbacks. Before we buy them, we must check them out carefully. Hence, stay cool enough to find out the lackings and drawbacks which you expected from that best raid controller cards. Maybe it was made for you by another manufacturer. Just don’t be too lazy to compare yourself to them before making your final decision.
Most websites have a section for Pros and Cons. Take your time reading that part. If still there any question rises in your mind, just ask on their support though mailing them or via phone call.
Performance and Longevity
Color, Style, Performance, Materials, and, most importantly, Durability are all aspects of quality. Those quality related issues are really important which you must check before you buy anything. We think you are actually paying the money for this. Do you think that you are going to do a good investment against the best raid controller cards you will get? It completely depends on the quality that you are going to experience.
Warranty and Return Policy Are Important
Hundreds of companies are making products everyday. Higher quality are being maintained by many of them. They are making us know those attributes by their creative advertisement too. Everything is fine. But don’t forget about After Sales Service and Warranty issues. For many, it’s really a big deal and it is quite able to make a big difference.
If you forget to check these important facts like warranty, gurantee and return policies, it is going to be a huge mistake. Nobody can claim that nothing will happen, no matter what the quality of that product is. We should not hope to last anything forever. Still the expence you will do for the best raid controller cards, don’t you think that you deserve a minimum return of value from that? So, at the time of checking policies, stay cool and be careful. Sometimes, there can be found few policies which may seem obscure and not clear enough by their words. One simple thing you can do is to ask their representative about those unintelligible facts and be clear before you buy.
Checking FAQs and Customer Reviews simplifies your process.
Cheking customer reviews and FAQ answers can save your precous time greatly. FAQs are few common questions that were asked frequently by mass people like you and they have been answered as well. On the other hand, you will get a real life experience through the customer reviews in which they share their sotries about the product.
You will get idea of both by checking out those two things. There are few questions which doesn’t come into our mind normally, can also be found there. Then percieving about the best raid controller cards’s effectiveness will be more easy.
The final word is you need to be careful about considering the value that the best raid controller cards providing you against the price it has been asked for. Does it make you satisfied or not? Does it fulfill your intention? We think this is the most important part.
We hope this article will help you to recognize and buy the best best raid controller cards in the market and so that you enjoyed it as well. If you find this a little bit of useful, then nobody can be happy more than us. End of the day, our happiness rely on your satisfaction.